In a previous post, I introduced the “Lasers Manifesto” presented by Chicago-native, Lupe Fiasco. Well, after reading and processing the manifesto or creed, I decided to dedicate an entire page to the cause of being a Laser. This manifesto is exactly what we all need to be about, so check it out below.
1. We want an end to the glamorization of negativity in the media
2. We want an end to the status symbols dictating our worth as individuals.
3. We want a meaningful and universal education system.
4. We want substance in the place of popularity.
5. We will not compromise who we are to be accepted by the crowd.
6. We want the invisible wall that separate by wealth, race & class to be torn down.
7. We want to think our own thoughts.
8. We will be responsible for our environment.
9. We want clarity & truth from our elected officials or they should move aside.
10. We want love not lies.
11. We want an end to all wars. Foreign & domestic (violence).
12. We want an end to the processed culture of exploitation, over-consumption & waste.
13. We want knowledge, understanding & peace.
14. We will not lose because we are not losers, we are lasers.