Well, today I ran across the manifesto of a “Laser.” Lupe Fiasco, one of the greatest rappers, poets, and thinkers of our time, has changed his album three times over the last year and has landed with the title Lasers. Everyone in the hip hop world has been curious as to what the term “lasers” means. Well, straight from Lupe himself, I present you what it means to be a “Laser.” Check out the manifesto below.
The L.A.S.E.R.S. Manifesto
To Every Man, Woman & Child…
1. We want an end to the glamorization of negativity in the media
2. We want an end to the status symbols dictating our worth as individuals.
3. We want a meaningful and universal education system.
4. We want substance in the place of popularity.
5. We will not compromise who we are to be accepted by the crowd.
6. We want the invisible wall that separate by wealth, race & class to be torn down.
7. We want to think our own thoughts.
8. We will be responsible for our environment.
9. We want clarity & truth from our elected officials or they should move aside.
10. We want love not lies.
11. We want an end to all wars. Foreign & domestic (violence).
12. We want an end to the processed culture of exploitation, over-consumption & waste.
13. We want knowledge, understanding & peace.
14. WE WILL NOT LOSE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT LOSERS, WE ARE LASERS!!!
Lasers are the opposite of losers. Lasers are shining beams of light that burn through the darkness of ignorance. Lasers shed light on injustice and inequality. Losers stand by and let things happen. Lasers act and shape their own destinies. Lasers find meaning and direction in the mysteries all around them. Lasers stand for love and compassion. Lasers stand for peace. Lasers stand for progression. Lasers are revolutionary. Lasers are the future.
We’re not losers…We are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
Love always shines every-time remember 2 smile!